Saturday 26 March 2011

Touring Scotland and living together in an R.V for CH4 with a bunch of strangers

Episode 3  'D Day'

After a late night visit from Sarah I awake bright and early. I head down for breakfast as I know the days of a fry up will be non existent during the next week. I even try haggis. Not bad...better than black pudding.

I try to take some deep breaths as the butterflies commence. As I get back to my room and pack my toiletries I get a call from Sarah. Guess she thinks I might have gone walkies.

'Don't leave. We'll be miking you up soon'   Soon Dave or Cold Dave as I called him due to the temperature of the mic pack arrives. He fits me with a mic belt and the jobs done.

Sat on my own I get a call from the director Rich. 'Come down to the bridge, we want to do an interview' O.K. I head to the bridge on a windy day. My hair begins to look like it does first thing in the morning and THAT look lasts all week!

On the way I get a panicked call from Sarah who now believes I have walked. 'No, I'm meeting Rich.'
'Come straight back won't you?'  'Yes Mum'


Following my interview I head back and wait for the call to leave. Around 1.30 I do precisely that taking a deep breath as I do. I head to Inverness Castle where the R.V's -ours and the production team wait and my first taste of my new companions. I meet Al a curly haired, amiable quiz master in his real life, Lauren an American living in Edinburgh and Jen a bubbly girl who once shared student accomodation with Mark Austen -the ITN newsreader!  Finally Kevin. An early 60s guy and a Mastermind finalist. All of a sudden confronted with these boffins I'm beginning to question my quiz prowess. Our journey is about to begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment